After more than 20 years of faithful and dedicated service as our Preschool Director, Karen Davis will be retiring at the end of this school year. We have been very blessed by Karen’s outstanding leadership over the years and we look forward to continuing the excellence for which Westminster Preschool is known.
The Director’s position is part-time (24 hours/week for 40 weeks).
The Lead 4 year old teacher position is also part-time (16 hours/week).
Applicants must have a degree in early childhood or elementary education.
Resumes can be dropped off at the church office or mailed to the attention of Pastor Mark Orr, or emailed to email@example.com
Westminster Preschool Director
Ocean Drive Presbyterian Church (ODPC) is seeking a Director for our outstanding and highly respected Westminster Preschool Program. Westminster provides programs for children fourteen months to four years of age in four separate classes. Our purpose is to provide a loving, safe, Christian environment for the care, nurture, and education of the children of our church and our community. Our school encourages spiritual and social development and readiness skills. Our daily skills and activities are based on Biblical teachings and thematic curriculum. This position is currently Part-time (approximately 24 hours per week)
Requirements for the Position
Candidates are required to have a degree in early childhood or elementary education and must exhibit a deep personal faith in Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior. They are also expected to affirm the mission and vision of ODPC and be an active member of a local Bible-based, evangelical congregation.
Significant prior teaching experience is expected and prior experience in preschool administration would be a big plus. The Director will be expected to maintain current standards of excellence and also investigate the possible expansion of the preschool program. This position reports directly to the Assistant Pastor for Ministry Advancement and is also accountable to the Senior Pastor and Session.
Duties and Responsibilities Include:
· Hiring and oversight of teaching staff including review of lesson plans and monthly class newsletters to parents listing: Bible Themes, Themes for the month, language skills, math skills and other special activities The director reviews these letters to see that specific skills of the curriculum and the philosophy of the school are being met.
· Helping the staff with new ideas and suggesting materials that they could use to help with their lessons.
· Ordering and purchasing educational materials and other supplies to enhance learning with the children.
· Managing conflicts that can arise with parents or staff with Christ-like patience, wisdom, and understanding.
· Overseeing and managing the preschool budget with assistance from the Preschool Board and Church Financial Administrator
· Recording of tuition and supply fees for each child and also tracking all expenses for any supplies or equipment purchased.
· Preparing Agenda for Board meetings. Approximately four meetings per year.
· Plan and oversee Special events: Fall Fun Day, Thanksgiving Program and Feast, Christmas program, Pajama day, School Picnic, End of the School Year program
· Monthly letter to the parents for an overview of events for the month.
· Provide general security oversight for entries into preschool during school hours.
· Maintain and manage preschool library.
· Periodically investigate and monitor best practices in other local preschool programs in order to insure continued excellence.
· Investigate opportunities to expand the preschool program
· Explore fund raising opportunities to expand community visibility and raise additional funds for preschool programs and equipment.
· Enhance communication with preschool parents regarding ongoing WPS programs and also to promote the Children’s Ministry programs of the church with the goal of greater integration of preschool families into the ministry of the church.
· Securing substitute teachers when needed or be available to fill in for class or lunch bunch teachers who are sick or otherwise unable to teach.
Lead 4 Year Old Teacher
This a part-time Monday-Thursday, 16 hours/week position. Applicants must have a degree in early childhood or elementary education.
Contact our preschool director, Karen Davis directly at 843-957-3125 or Pastor Mark Orr at firstname.lastname@example.org.